Creativity and self-expression have always been essential to our humanity. Explore the artist within you!
At TPS, our ambition is to provide an art curriculum that allows our students to develop their creativity, resilience, independence, and imagination. We aim to develop passion- ate and curious learners who can understand and experience the world in new ways. We will expose students to art and improve their knowledge and understanding of art and culture from around the globe.
We provide numerous extracurricular opportunities for Art at TPS to ensure that our students have the best opportunities and experiences they can. The extracurricular provision for Art is vast and includes:
• After school clubs such as Textiles club, Art club and Photography club for KS3 learners
• Open Classrooms for our KS4 learners where students can use the facilities and teacher expertise to continue to develop their projects and develop their art
• Artist workshops where we invite artists in to work with groups of students
• Artist in residence programme where students get to view artists make their work and participate in workshops with them
• Trips and gallery visits which have included: university and college taster sessions, our annual KS4 visit to the Oxford Museum of Natural History and the Pitt Rivers Museum. Recently our KS3 students also visited Tate Liverpool to view the Keith Haring exhibition!